Curried Cauliflower & Kale Soup
October 3, 2017
1 large cauliflower, greens removed, chopped
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons olive oil, halved
3/4 cup re d onion chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bunch of kale, washed, stems removed, chopped
2 cups carrots, chopped
4 cups unsalted veggie or chicken broth
1 small can of coconut milk
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Optional 1-2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a bowl, toss cauliflower, curry powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, sea salt, and half the olive oil together.
3. Line roasting pan with parchment paper and spread cauliflower on pan.
4. Roast in oven for axp. 20 minutes or until tender but not overcooked.
5. Set aside to cool.
6. Place cauliflower in a Food Processor or blender, pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice.
7. Set aside.
8. In a large pot heat remaining olive oil.
9. Add onion and garlic. Cook for axp. 5 minutes
10. Add broth, coconut milk, veggies and cauliflower.
11. Bring to a quick boil, then turn down heat to a simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are cooked.
12. Season with sea salt, pepper, and chilli flakes if using.